Our Autumn Song – celebrating the seasons17th June 2018
We are Native Americans16th July 2018
Water is Everything
Water is Everything is an unforgettable action song about the importance of water for life. It focuses on many water-related themes: the oceans, lakes and rivers, the things we do with water every day and not least water conservation, climate change and global warming. The song also features a music-only verse in which the children mime fun activities: swimming, surfing and penguins on the ice. This action song has a strong CLIL theme which is highlighted in the graded set of worksheets based on the song.
You get this with your Water is Everything action song package:
- Teacher’s Notes and Lesson Plans: useful suggestions on how to use this package and its worksheets
- A full teaching actions video of Water is Everything. Learn the song and its actions fast before bringing it to your classes. The kink to the video is embedded in the Teacher’s Notes page.
- Three MP3 music files of Water is Everything: two guide-voice versions (Goodger voice and child’s voice) and the music-only, karaoke version to check learning and to play for performances.
- Song sheet with guitar chords
- A set of 6 worksheets and classroom activities to recycle the contents of the song in a variety of contexts including a role-play. You can photocopy and print them or project them on an electronic whiteboard.
Vocabulary and language
You can teach and practice these words in Water is Everything:
Nouns: H2O, water, sea, part, everything, raindrops, sky, drink, washing, sing, flow, rivers, lakes, streams, climate change, age, hail
Verbs: feel, have, fall, do, use, think, die, take care, learn,
Adjectives: salty, pure, clean, thirsty, high, warm, warmer, crucial
Teach Water is Everything to:
- Teach vocabulary related to water themes
- Focus minds on the importance of clean water for life.
- Raise environmental awareness.
- View some of the photocopiable pages in this action song package.