Easter Spring Song – celebrate nature in a seasonal action song25th January 2018
Our Autumn Song – celebrating the seasons17th June 2018
Time to Play
Teach Time to Play to practise numbers, some essential verbs of movement and prepositions, and four body parts. The song is a joyful celebration of playing. The 12 photocopiable worksheets, games and activities that come with the action song package, are ideal for recycling the themes, vocabulary and content of the action song. Children love performing Time to Play.
This is what you get:
- Three MP3 files for Time to Play: two guide-voice versions (the original Charles Goodger voice and the song sung by a child ) + the kids’ music-only, karaoke version to check learning and for school performances.
- Lyric sheet with guitar chords
- PDF book with the complete set of files and worksheets. You can either photocopy these or project them on a LIM for follow-up teaching in class.
- Link to the complete teaching actions video. Quickly learn the song and its actions.
- Teacher’s Notes and Lesson Plans: suggestions on how to use FunSongs Method and the graded worksheets
- A set of 12 graded, photocopiable worksheets for recycling the song’s language and vocabulary in class and for homework.
Vocabulary and language
Time to Play celebrates the joy of friendship and playing. Teach it to present and teach:
- Numbers and simple arithmetic in English
- Verbs of movement: jump, touch, bend, stretch, stamp
- Key prepositions: by, in, on, round
- Body parts: shoulders, hands, arms, muscles
Nouns: time, hands, snake, tree, lake, tennis, friend, ball, end, shoulders, arms, muscles, palms, ground, counting song, Monster March
Verbs: to be, to say, to clap, to turn, to bend, to play, to touch, to flex, to rub
1, 10, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, counting, eight, five, four, ground, hip, hip hop, lake, monsters, nine, one, place, seven, six, snake, space, ten, tennis, three, time, toe, two
Sample files for Time to Play - Take a look
Time to Play – Britty the FunSongs puppet finds time to play: action song cartoon your younger learners will enjoy
Time to Play – Worksheet: example of graded worksheet (opens in new tab)