I’m a Sailor21st October 2018
Thrive – an action song about our 5 senses28th November 2019
The Union Song after Brexit – Learn about the European Union
The Union Song has been available in several versions since FunSongs founder Charles Goodger was commissioned to write an action song on the EU by the Italian Ministry of Education back in 2000. This updated version contains all member states in the countries verse with the notable omission of the UK. Children love learning and performing this song which presents complex themes in a simple and joyful learning experience.
This is what you get with your The Union Song post-Brexit action song pack and e-book:
- 2 mp3 files of the updated The Union Song about the European Union: the guide-voice version and the music-only version to check learning and to play for performances and events
- A complete teaching actions video of The Union Song. Learn the song and its actions fast before bringing the action song to your classroom
- Colourful illustration of the suggested teaching action in 17 steps
- A song sheet (with guitar chords)
- A set of 6 illustrated worksheets to recycle the contents of the song in a variety of contexts. To photocopy or project.
- Teacher’s Notes and Lesson Plans: suggestions on how to use this resource.
Vocabulary and language
Nouns: The 27 countries of the EU in 2021, flag, song, money, euros, land, wars, union
Verbs: to have (got), to sing
Key expressions: Let’s sing! A lot of
Teach The Union Song :
- To present simple facts about the European Union
- To create a cross-curricular module that combines English with Geography
- When teaching CLIL (basic geography in English)